Thursday 10 March 2011

Character Body Design part4.

In order to create a workable mesh for my character I will need to create a more refined version of the meshes I have created so far. In addition to this I will also be removing the underlying body model due to further issues with mesh tearing and displacement.



I decided to follow the same production pattern as before due to the ability to create a low-poly mesh to wrap around the biped and the fact it is faster to model.



As you can see here, once the front and back are aligned and the shapes begin to wrap around the biped, the vertices are welded together. This is similar to the way, the cloth modifier works, without welding at vertices, meshes are wrapped around target objects.



The whole reason behind modelling a new version of the robe was to refine the overall shape, trimming the edges and making the sleeves shorter at the joint were of utmost importance to ensure a cleaner end result when animating.



To finish off, I added some small details to the robe such as a belt and some other minor shape adjustments, so far I am very pleased with the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment